What's new
Revillution - Your Portal to Video Game and Content Creation Entertainment | Gaming Forums

You are currently viewing as a Guest! Why not take a moment to Register an account & log in to gain the full browsing experience. Members get access to a private inbox, ability to post messages on the forums, add their stream to the stream showcase, add images & videos to the gallery & much more.

Are you still displaying openly your email on websites

468 x 60 Advertising

Timgab

RevBux
$331
Displaying your email on website can give one much benefits than expected, there are some users that will contact/reach out to you without stress.

While considering the positive side of it, let's dive to the other side as there is more risk to this which could be beyond what you had imagine. In our todays world, spammers, trolls and bots are crawling website every day and they are hunting for leaked/exposed email to targets. We all know what these stuffs and people are capable of.

With above info stated, do you display you mails openly on sites, or do you go for options like contact form to avoid unnecessary contacting/spamming?

How do you go about this?

It depends on the website if it is fully trusted, since email is sometimes used to send spam or fraud attempts, so if the website is not fully trusted I will not show my email or at least not my most used email.

You have to be very careful nowadays on the internet with the information you share about yourself.

It depends on the website if it is fully trusted, since email is sometimes used to send spam or fraud attempts, so if the website is not fully trusted I will not show my email or at least not my most used email.

You have to be very careful nowadays on the internet with the information you share about yourself.
Absolutely, it's important to be cautious online. Your approach to sharing email on trusted websites is a smart way to protect your information i.e to say you have a mail for some random stuff

I have been known to share my email in some places in the past, mainly for possible sponsorship and partnership offers within my content creation business as a live streamer.

I am very cautious about where I do share my email though as it can so easily get into the wrong hands.

My sites share my company emails, so that takes care of itself. Otherwise I don't really hide my personal email, but I don't show it publicly if I don't have to simply to avoid spam.

I don't mind, all of my devices are safe (i think), and my spam filters are quite good, sometimes even filters important mails (from work hehe)

Sometimes I do put email on some pages, but I use "single purpose" emails address. So, I know from where that emails is coming from.

I try not to leave my email on pages online but I mostly use my work email not my personal email. So I don't really have a problem with them but I still apply caution.

My email is available on many sites, but this is not a problem for me because I do not receive any spam messages and sometimes even fake offers, and I am also not afraid of hacking because my account is very securely protected

I do not think it is a nice idea since sometimes I get a notification from Gmail that there is a blocked attempt to reach your Gmail account.

Back