1. Hello Guest! It appears you are not logged in or registered with our community. Please take a few minutes to Register an account with our community! Already registered? Please Log in to disable this message!

Thoughts on post exchanges?

Shortie861 Sep 13, 2017

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Smokey's Baby Girl

Name:
    Nikki
    When first starting out with a new forum, it's always wise to get some kind of daily activity to not only fill up your forum but to also give visitors a good impression. One way to get fresh, daily activity is to do post exchanges.

Post exchanges are where two people will agree on a certain amount of posts and will post that amount on each others forum for activity.

What are your thoughts on post exchanges? Do you use them?

2. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear

Name:
    Anthony
    I think post exchanges are pretty good tools to gain activity. However, make sure the person you're doing the exchange with is trustworthy and will hold up their end of the bargin. When I do post exchanges, I tend to wait until the other user has started theirs before completely finishing my end of the exchange. That way if they don't start or don't finish their end, there's not much of your own time wasted. :)

3. jyy

jyy Active Member

Post exchanges are quite valuable because you don't have worry about monetary value. In other words, it's bartering. You get what you pay for, a post for a post. On the other hand, with other stuff, you have to take into account the currency's value and a just wage.

4. Kyng

Kyng Well-Known Member

I don't use them myself. If all you care about is stats, then they're fine for that - but I personally don't find them to be of much use when it comes to building an actual community.