1. Hello Guest! It appears you are not logged in or registered with our community. Please take a few minutes to Register an account with our community! Already registered? Please Log in to disable this message!

Is it worthy to make advancement in our technology while ruining our environment?

himitsu Sep 10, 2017

1. himitsu

himitsu Member

Name:
    Pi W. Poli
    Today's news is all about the hurricane Irma and I hope the people who are suffering from it will all be safe. But, there's also a news that I encountered which is the "Pen that identifies the cancer in 10 seconds".

Although there are lots of technologies today that can heal our sickness and even make us live long, our mother earth is starting to collapse. So what do you think about this issue?

I believe that researchers and scientists must focus their studies on saving our nature than make advancement to our technologies.

2. marshal47

marshal47 Member

Name:
    Abimboye Femi
    My hearts goes to the victims of hurricane Irma.
    One of the laws of motion states that "for every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction", this means that for every advancement in technology, there will always be a victim that suffers from its inadequacies. Take for instance, the invention of refrigerants, it took years before scientist discovered the connection between it and global warming, the discovery of nuclear properties which lead to years of nuclear test, what we have now is depleted ozone layer and mutation in organisms, it also took years to discover this side effect.
    Most times, the side effect of the technology is not discovered until years later by which time the technology is already popular and well accepted, for this reason, we cant possible halt the advancement in technology but what we can do is create an awareness encouraging more scientist to focus their works on how to save the planet. The development of earth-friendly technologies should be advocated, take for instance, the weather forecasting technology which enabled scientist to discover hurricane Irma early has saved a lot of lives.

3. kgord

kgord Member

Name:
    Karen Gordon
    I haven't honestly heard of "The Pen" but if it can detect cancer in 10 seconds it may be a technology that is well worth it and something that many people can utilize as part of their treatment if they suspect they have cancer. It sounds like a useful way to diagnose.