1. Hello Guest! It appears you are not logged in or registered with our community. Please take a few minutes to Register an account with our community! Already registered? Please Log in to disable this message!

Do you ever feel like you may be in the wrong place?

Shortie861 Sep 12, 2017

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Smokey's Baby Girl

Name:
    Nikki
    I am not sure if this is just me or if other people also go through this.

Sometimes I will have days where I sit and I look at the music I like listening to, the television shows I enjoy watching and I think to myself "I wonder if I was mean't to be in another Country?"

I absolutely love US television shows and I also love listening to Country music, all of which I could listen and watch so much more of without problems if I was living in the US.

Do you ever sometimes believe you were born in the wrong Country?

2. Kyng

Kyng Well-Known Member

Not necessarily the wrong country, but sometimes the wrong time period. I do wonder, sometimes, whether I might have made a better Victorian, for example: as much as I love modern technology, and as much as it would be a pain to give it up, I don't feel as though I fit in with the modern-day social environment :( .

3. Heatman

Heatman Member

Name:
    Theodore Kings
    I can't help it but laugh at this thread question, believe my dear if you happen to be born in Nigeria and lived here all your life, you may wake up one day and start cursing life and everything about it.

Life is very difficult down here, getting a job is hell, going to school very expensive, feeding a very big problem, robbery here and there, poor standard of living etc.

Believe me when I tell you that no average Nigerian would like to be in this Godforsaken hell hole, personally if any opportunity presents itself for me to leave here, I would jump at it with both hands.

4. JayMish

JayMish Member

Name:
    janet Netia
    I agree with heatman to a point. I also ask God on a very regular basis why I was born in my country. It is very corrupt and when you try to do things the right way, you suffer because the only people who succeed here are people who do things using the back door.

I've had a really hard time because I 've lived in a western country, so I'm kind of used to doing things the right way. I 've asked myself on a number of occasions why I came back.

Western countries also have all the opportunities. An example is when you're looking for online work, most of the good sites only allow US, UK, Canada. Mturk for example only pays residents from certain countries and gives gift vouchers for the rest. Really frustrating ! I still love my country however and would not move, I choose to soldier on and believe things will get better.

5. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear

Name:
    Anthony
    I believe my place is wherever you are, @Shortie861 <3

So right now, yes I feel like I am.......However if you were to come to the US that'd solve the problem, but so would me coming to you <3 and one or the other is going to happen because You are my entire world. <3 :)